Tuesday 17 May 2016

House Sitting - Is it for me? And by me, I mean you. I mean me.

I'm gunna level with you, house sitting is hard AF.  From finding the sit.... meeting the home owners.... getting a brief on how to look after fluffy... receiving a detailed account on how to use their 5 remote controls... it takes a while.

It can also be disruptive - in the past week I slept in a colleagues converted car port, at Mum's place in the Paps, finished a house sitting stint on the shore, spent night in a hostel in Ponsonby and am writing this from a beautiful bedroom in Pt Chevalier.  It has actually been a pretty fun week.  Although like anything, there are highs and lows.

That said, am I complaining?  No way suckers!  Please refer to Chandler Bing's pros and cons list below.

He is a smart man.

Want to do some basic fun maths?  I have been house sitting for 14 weeks... think about how much you pay in rent and billz.  Multiply 14 times.  That is how much you can save too!

So, is house sitting for you?  Yes, yes it is.  It's tough.  It is tiring.  But it is worth it.

Winter is coming and if all else fails, I have heating in my car so suffer in ya jocks Ned!

Fiscally yours,
Anna

1 comment: